para sa lahat ng mga pet owners, dapat basahin niyo ‘to. maganda at nakakangilid ng luha! sana ma-forward niyo ‘to sa iba pang tao lalo na sa mga kilala niyong may mga pets pero hindi naman maayos yung pangangalaga nila sa mga alaga nila.
10 PET COMMANDMENTS*
1. My life is likely to last 10 to 15 years. Any separation from you will be painful to me. Remember that before you buy or keep me.
2. Give me time to understand what you want from me.
3. Place your trust in me. It’s crucial to my well-being.
4. Dont be angry with me for long, and don’t lock me up as punishment. You have your work, your entertainment and your friends. I only have you.
5. Talk to me sometimes. Even if I don’t understand your words, I understand your voice when it’s speaking to me.
6. Be aware that however you treat me, I’ll never forget it.
7. Remember before you hit me: I have teeth that could easily crush the bones of your hand, but I choose not to bite you. Or I have claws that can cut your flesh deep, but I choose not to hurt you.
8. Before you scold me for being un-cooperative, obstinate or lazy, ask yourself if something might be bothering me. Perhaps I’m not getting the right food, or I’ve been out in the sun too long, or my heart is getting old and weak. Perhaps I need exercise, a good catnip toy can give me pleasure.
9. Take care of me when I get old. You too will grow old.
10. Go with me on difficult journeys. Never say: “I can’t bear to watch it”, or “Let it happen in my absence.” Everything is easier for me if you are there.
*galing sa site ng philippine animal welfare society (PAWS), isang NGO na naglalayong mapangalagaan ang kapakanan ng mga hayop.